Alesha Dixon and The Groovy Food Company Sticky Tofu & Mushroom Noodles Recipe08.2.2019
Award-winning British brand The Groovy Food Company, has partnered with foodie mum and presenter on Britain’s Got Talent, Alesha Dixon, to create a range of delicious, healthy recipes and show consumers how best to use the brand’s natural and unrefined foods to feed the body’s overall health and wellbeing.
This recipe is one of Alesha’s favourite vegetarian dinners and full of delicious fragrant Asian flavours.
- 396g block tofu
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Virgin Coconut Oil
- 200g Shitake or mixed mushrooms, quartered
- 125g edamame beans, defrosted
- 200g Straight to wok udon noodles
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ¼ cucumber, quartered lengthways and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, roughly crushed (optional)
For the sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm thumb ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 85ml light soy sauce or tamari
- 5 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Virgin Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with kitchen paper, then cut into 2cm cubes. Tip into a bowl and toss with the five spice. Set aside.
- To make the sauce tip all the ingredients except the cornflour into a pan, add 6 tbsp water and simmer for 3-4 mins. Remove from the heat. Mix the cornflour with a little water then very gradually whisk into the pan, stirring all the time. Return to the heat and continue to bubble for 1 min until thickened.
- Add 1 tbsp cornflour to the tofu and toss well. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a frying pan over a high heat and fry the tofu until golden and crisp on each side. Remove using a slotted spoon and set aside. Add another 1 tbsp coconut oil to the pan and fry the mushrooms for 8-10 mins, until softened and golden.
- Meanwhile bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the sauce into the pan with the mushrooms, adding a few tbsp water if it seems too thick. Bring to a simmer and stir through the tofu.
- Drop in the edamame and noodles into the pan of boiling water and simmer for 2-3 mins until cooked, then drain. Divide the noodles between bowls, top with the mushrooms and tofu, then sprinkle over the spring onions, cucumber and crushed peanuts, if using.