Crackin’ Roast Spuds16.8.2017
Surely the king of the roasted vegetables, the potato can be taken to a whole new level with some tasty additions - this recipe comes from the vegetable pros at Riverford Organic.
These roasties, courtesy of Riverford Organic, are spot on! And perfect with our Finger – Lickin’ Chicken with tasty gravy.
- 1.5kg fairly waxy potatoes (such as Marfona, Orla or Triplo), washed but not peeled, cut into halves or quarters, depending on size
- 2 lemons, cut into thick slices, plus an extra ½ lemon to finish
- 7–8 garlic cloves, unpeeled, lightly smashed
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Put the potatoes into a pan of cold salted water, bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and let dry in a colander for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a roasting pan and scatter over the lemon slices, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Drizzle over the oil and toss together with your hands, making sure each potato is coated in oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35–40 minutes, turning everything once or twice, until the lemons are starting to caramelise and the potatoes are golden brown.
- Squeeze over the extra lemon half, sprinkle with a little more salt and serve immediately.