King Prawn, Cashew & Broccoli Noodles05.11.2018
A light and tasty noodle dish that is quick to prepare and cook. Perfect for a midweek meal.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Waitrose.
- 3 nests (about 190g) dried fine egg noodles
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 200g pack Tenderstem broccoli spears, trimmed
- ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 15g fresh root ginger, cut into matchsticks
- ½ pointed spring cabbage, shredded (about 250g)
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 lime, juice
- 4 salad onions, sliced
- 220g pack Waitrose & Partners Extra Large King Prawns
- 2 tbsp roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the noodles, simmer for 3 minutes, then drain in a sieve and rinse under the cold tap. Toss with 1 tsp sesame oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Set a large wok over a medium-high heat. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized spears and add to the pan with the sunflower oil, ½ the ginger and 4 tbsp water. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the water has evaporated, then add the cabbage and stir-fry for 2 minutes until just wilting. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the remaining ginger and 1 tsp sesame oil with the soy sauce, honey, lime juice and 1 tbsp cold water.
- Add the prawns to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes until heated through. Push the prawns and vegetables to the side of the pan, add the noodles and most of the salad onions, spoon over ½ the soy-ginger dressing, then toss together gently. Top with the cashews and remaining salad onions and spoon over the remaining dressing to serve.