Unicorn Chip Pancakes with Marshmallow Sauce01.2.2019
Bring some colour to your Pancakes thanks to this recipe from Dr. Oetker!
Great for the whole family to enjoy
For the pancakes:
- 115 g Plain Flour
- 5 g Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- 25 g Caster Sugar
- Large Egg beaten
- 100 ml Whole Milk
- 10 ml Vegetable Oil
- 100 g Dr. Oetker Unicorn Chips
For the marshmallow sauce:
- 100 g Dr. Oetker Heart Marshmallows
- 100 ml Double Cream
- Sift the flour, salt, Baking Powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the egg and milk and gradually whisk into the dry ingredients until well blended. Stir in the Unicorn Chips.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan or griddle pan, add some of the oil and allow to heat, then drop 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan to make each pancake.
- Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear, this takes about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake over with a slice or palette knife to cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Lift pancakes onto a cooling rack that is covered with kitchen towel and place more kitchen towel lightly on the top. Cook all the pancake batter and if necessary add more oil to the pan.
- For the Marshmallow Sauce: In a saucepan gently melt the Heart Marshmallows with the cream. The sauce will thicken slightly as it cools. It can be reheated gently if needs be.