Vegan Sausage Pasta22.5.2019
A quick and simple vegan dish, courtesy of Waitrose. You can find thousands more recipes on their website www.waitrose.com/recipes.
Cherry tomatoes are roasted with garlic just until they pop and blister, for a lovely intensified tomato flavour that’s lighter and fresher-tasting than a classic tomato sauce.
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300g pack Linda McCartney’s 6 Vegetarian Sausages
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and sliced
- Pinch salt
- 300g elicoidali pasta tubes
- Handful basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Toss the tomatoes, garlic and 2 tbsp oil in a roasting tin; season. Remove the packaging and film from the sausages but leave in the foil tray. Put the roasting tin and foil tray in the oven for 15 minutes, giving each one a toss halfway through.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the courgettes with the pinch of salt for about 8 minutes, turning regularly until golden. In a separate pan of boiling water, simmer the pasta for 10-12 minutes then drain, reserving a cup of pasta water.
- Remove the courgettes from the frying pan and set aside on a plate. Slice the sausages and add to the pan, frying for a couple of minutes, then tip in the pasta, tomatoes, any roasting juices, 2-3 tbsp pasta water and the courgettes. Toss together briefly and serve scattered with basil leaves.